This model is very easy to be piloted, similarly to a normal plane. Some aerobatic figures can be obtained even if not like a plane. The flight performances show a unique model in the autogyro field. Take off is operated with prerotation of the rotor. Landing can be done with or without the main motor in action. The frame is aluminium assembled in parts with plates and bolts. Some minor parts are plywood laser cut. All parts can be easily assembled including the rotor head.
The rotor prerotation is obtained with a removable battery driller or with an electric motor mounted on the model just below the rotor head. The front landing gear is connected to the rudder motion. The main landing gear is aluminium complete with wheels and plastic pants. The tail has the horizontal part in polyurethane, fibreglass covered, as the main vertical tail and the two smaller side elements.
The front covering of the fuselage is transparent Lexan divided in two parts ready to be painted; their assembly is done with plastic rivets (in the kit). The rotor blades are polyurethane with glass and Carbon fibre cover.
The model is supplied in kit be assembled quickly and easily. The kit is not including the receiver, the servo controls, the batteries, the ESC and the motors (the main and the eventual prerotation one). The final assembly can be done in few hours, ready for the first flight.
There are no construction differences between the electrical and the thermal versions. The electric motor is installed in place of the thermal one thanks to a proper radial base, the main battery in place of the fuel tank (300 cm3). Both versions have similar total weight by considering the weight of the fuel. The kit is not including the enamel for Lexan parts painting.
Parts into the kit
- all frame aluminium parts to be assembled by bolts, washers and nuts
- all plywood minor parts laser precutted
- complete rotor head
- wires for the electric version
- horizontal and vertical tails
- main landing gear and wheels
- Lexan pants for wheels
- front landing gear complete with wheel
- Lexan fuselage
- 1 set of blade support and rotor blades
- 1 kit of connecting rods
- 1 kit decals
- Istruzioni per il montaggio
- Rotor diameter: 180 cm (71”)
- Length: 105 cm (41”)
- Heigth: 51 cm (20”)
- Weight in flight conditions: 3-4 kg (8,6 lbs)
- Motor: electrical brusheless 1000 W – 3 S battery 3000-5000 mAh ou thermique 0,40 cu.in.- 2 stroke – Propeller: 10 x 6” – 11 x 7”
- Prerrotation motor: optional
- RC: required 4 channels + 1 (the eventual prerotation motor on the model) for thermal version (therefore 4 servo controls + 1 ESC) 3 channels + 1 (the evental prerotation motor on the model) for electric version (therefore 3 servo servo controls + 1 ESC) The servo controls are sized for 5 kg effort.
- Battery: for receiver 6 V
- Gyroscope: Gyroscope is not necessary. Piloting is similar to a traditional plane.