The new JSM Xcalibur has been developed to meet the need for an attractive, easy to fly yet fully aerobatic jet sport model suitable for a wide range of turbines with thrust levels of between 50 Newtons (5Kg) and 100 Newtons (10Kg).
Designed to enable a newcomer to turbines to enjoy immediate success the Xcalibur will also entertain the experienced jet pilot with its superb aerobatic abilities and wide speed range, the low speed handling being outstanding, particularly when the effective central flap is deployed, allowing operation out of smaller sites, whilst the (optional) heavy duty retract units with trailing link oleos makes grass field operation simple.
The fuselage and canopy of the Xcalibur are superbly moulded from epoxy/glass, while the tailbooms and flying surfaces are constructed from CNC cut balsa and ply, beautifully assembled and then carefully covered with heatshrink film. The wings slide on to a substantial carbon fibre wing tube, being retained with neat moulded clamps, and the tailbooms can also be removed quickly for transport or storage.
The Xcalibur is very quick to assemble, with excellent access to the turbine and on-board equipment, making maintenance and reliable operation much simpler. A specially designed fuel tank gives flight times of around the 10 minute mark, depending on the turbine being used and flying style.
- Fully aerobatic
- Perfect for grass flying fields
- Ideal for turbines from 50 to 100 Newton thrust
- Moulded epoxy/glass fuselage and canopy
- Removable nose section for easy access to batteries
- Lightweight built-up and fully sheeted flying surfaces covered in film
- Moulded wheel wells stop the ingress of grass, small stones or water - protecting the valuable and vulnerable turbine
- Quick and easy assembly/disassembly for transport and storage
- Optional high volume fibreglass fuel tank available
- Super strong carbon fibre wing tube
- Superb flying characteristics
- Optional retract system with oleos available
- Sleek aerodynamic design minimises drag allowing higher flying speeds
- Lightweight design and the effective flap enable exceptionally slow approaches and landings